Friday, May 29, 2009

GM Diet - Day 3

Another bad day! I could not follow the diet for lunch today. I was completely off diet for lunch. Unlucky for me my boss took me out today and I could not find the right words to refuse nor refuse to eat what the restaurant offered.

Anyway, I am planning to continue with the diet without dwelling on my lapse for lunch. Lets see what I was supposed to do against what I did.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 3:
Eliminates the potato because you get your carbohydrates from fruits. Your system is now prepared to start burning excess pounds. You will have cravings, which should start to diminish by day four.
Day 3:
A mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. No bananas yet. No potatoes today.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had my packs ready - Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Mixture of mixed fruits and mixture of cooked veggies. More or less the same things as my first and second day. Had a breakfast of mixed veggies at 8:30am and finished it off with a bowl of fruits at 9:15am. Around 11:15am, I had another bowl of fruits. Everything under control till then. 12:45 pm, I got a call from my boss, asking me to go for lunch with him. This lunch with boss was long planned, but had gotten postponed multiple times. I tried to wriggle out but then this meeting was important. He picked the place and as you can guess it was one of the worst I could end up in. I decided to keep my mind neutral and go with the flow no matter what happens.

How worse can it be was my thought. As usual I went with his suggestion closing my eyes and ignoring that warning in my head. He knows my taste:-( Should I say normal taste? I love continental food. And a 100% non vegetarian. Trust me, I am struggling through this diet. My main problem is avoiding non veg food... He ordered herbed chicken with mushrooms for me. I could not find fault with dish and I ate every bit which was placed in my plate. Chicken, mushrooms, potato, bread & salad! Chicken, potato and bread - all forbidden!! Can you believe it:-( Do I have to say that lunch meeting was success?

I started fighting that awful feeling called regret immediately after I finished my lunch and meeting. The happiness of that successful meeting could not mask the regret I felt. My next thought was whether I should continue the diet or scrap it. I decided to go ahead forgetting my slip. I am not sure if that helps or my slip has nullified the benefits of diet. Let me go ahead and finish the 7 days!! My dinner today is bowl of fruits. I decided to avoid the bowl of veggies I had kept for dinner.

I bought slim milk and bananas on the way back from office. I am all set for tomorrow hoping that everything will go right from now on.

No comments: