Wednesday, May 27, 2009

GM Diet - Day 1

I'm started my diet today:-) Let me say I survived so far!!!
So what was I supposed to do?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 1
All fruits except bananas. Your first day will consists of all fruits you want. It is suggested you consume lost of watermelon and cantaloupe.
Day 1: You are preparing your system for the upcoming program. Your only source of nutrition is fresh fruits. Fruits are natures perfect food. They provide everything you can possibly want to sustain life except total balance and variety.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had bought a variet of fruits for my use - Watermelon, Musk melon, Pear, Apple, Papaya and my favourite - Mangoes.
I know that mango is a high calorie fruit but still could not resist the temptation:-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calorific value of some common fruits

Apple, medium, 1 apple, 2 3/4 in., 1/3 lb. - 80 cal
Apricot, each - 20 cal
Avocado, each - 380 cal
Banana, 1 medium—8 3/4 in. -101 cal
Cantaloupe, 1 cup, cubed - 48 cal
Grape, each - 2 cal
Honeydew melon, 1 cup, cubed - 56 cal
Lemon, each -30 cal
Mango - 1 cup sliced (165 gm) - 107 cal
Nectarine, 1 2 1/2 in. fruit - 88 cal
Orange, navel, 1 medium orange - 71 cal
Peach, peeled, medium, 2 1/2 in. - 38 cal
Pineapple, sliced, in syrup, 3 in. slice - 43 cal
Pineapple, diced, 1 cup -80 cal
Plum, each -35 cal
Prune, each - 20 cal
Raisins, 1 1/2 oz. - 124 cal
Strawberries, fresh, 1 cup - 53 cal
Watermelon, 1 cup - 45 cal

If you want you can get more accurate data from different websites available. One such is
http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I cut the fruits I needed into 5 portions - Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner. I prefered mixed bowls for all times. I may have taken a little more of watermelon and papaya.
Had breakfast @ 8:45am, snack @ 11:15 am, Lunch @ 1:30pm, snack @ 5:00pm and dinner @ 9:00pm.

It was tough!
Tempation was too much to handle, but I survived so far.
I am little more tired than usual.
I also made the soup for tomorrow and kept things ready.
Let us see what tomorrow brings:-)

No comments: